What is Flexible Work?
Flexible Work, well known as flextime of flexitime, refers to non-traditional work arrangements that take into consideration the personal needs of each employee. This kind of work practice (explained by the employer in employment policies and contracts) allows the employees a certain volume of freedom in deciding how the work will be done and how they’ll coordinate their schedules with those of other colleagues.
The employer sets specific limits such as minimum and the maximum number of working hours every day, and the core time during which all employees must be present.
Learn more about Flexible vs Agile Working.
Flexible Work Advantages for Employees
With a flexitime schedule, employees experience numerous benefits such as:
- Life & work balance: flexible workplace and work hours give employees the opportunity to joggle between personal obligations and life responsibilities, convenient.
- Reduction of commute time and fuel costs: in larger cities, commutes of more than an hour each way (!) is not that uncommon. If employees are allowed to work from home, that saves them 2 hours each day!
- Avoid the traffic jams and the stress of driving during the rush hour: you would be amazed how faster a commute can be if only you drive yourself to the office at 11:00 AM instead of 8:00
- Reduce employee burnout: Flexiework means that employees can take breaks when they want and need it.
- Work when you accomplish most, feel freshest, and enjoy working: If you are more productive in the morning or your imagination rushes during the night, it’s on you to decide!
Flexible Work Advantages for Employers
With a flexitime work schedule, employers experience benefits of:
- Increase employee morale
- Reduced absenteeism and tardiness.
- Ability to recruit outstanding employees from all over the world
- Reduced turnover of important and successful staff
- Extended operating hours for departments such as customer service, marketing, etc.
- Develops an image as an employer of choice with family-friendly flexible work schedules.
Create a free account
Talk to your customers now.
No credit card required to start.