Paldesk notification settings
Once you have set up your account, make sure to edit your notification settings so you never miss a chat! There are two ways you can set up your notifications in Paldesk, learn more about each of them in the article below!
How can agents configure notifications?
Each agent can set up their own notification settings, select sounds, volume etc. All they need to do is simply click on their avatar in the upper right corner of their dashboard and open Agent Settings > Notifications tab. From there, they will be able to define the following:
1. New message notification
- Email enabled – turn on to get an email when there’s a new message in an assigned conversation. This is a new message in a thread, not a new conversation.
- System notification enabled – these are system notifications such as “Agent X has joined your team” etc. If you disable this option, you will not receive a visual notification of a new agent or other changes in your dashboard.
- Sound enabled, sound type, and volume – select one of our 10 sound templates and adjust the volume.
2. New client request notification
If you enable this option, you’ll hear a sound notification when a new conversation arrives to your team. You can also select one of our predefined sound templates and adjust the volume.
3. Other notifications
- Show ticket reassign notification – if enabled, you will get a notification when an agent assigns a ticket to you.
- Show new message notification – show notifications of a new message in an assigned conversation (thread). This is related strictly to new messages, not new chats.
- New visitor notification – enable this option to receive real-time notifications when a visitor lands on your site. This is closely tied to the Visitor overview feature, and you can read more about it in this article.
Here’s what that looks like in the app:
Video 1. Agent notification settings in Paldesk
How can we define email notifications for the entire team?
While agents can configure their own notification preferences, account owners and administrators can edit email notifications for the whole team. Here’s how:
Step 1. Go to Administration > Notifications and open each of the three tabs.
Each tab is related to a different type of email your team members can receive. There are 3 types of notifications:
• Events – notifications about a new conversation in your team. If this option is enabled, everybody on your list will get an email when there’s a new conversation in your team.
• Weekly – a weekly report about your team’s overall activity. You can read more about it in this article.
• Newsletter -the Paldesk newsletter. If you’d like your agents to receive monthly updates from our team, enter their email addresses in the box and enable this feature.
You can enable or disable each of these options, add or remove your agents from the mailing list.
Here’s where and how you can do that in the app:
Video 2. Your team’s email notifications
How do notifications work depending on the routing type?
As you probably know, routing types define how new conversations are offered to your team. Depending on which routing type you select, your in-app notification settings might not apply.
For example, if you select Democracy or Dictator, there won’t be a sound notification when a new conversation (chat) arrives.
Here’s a more detailed overview of routing types and notifications:
Image 1. Notification settings overview in Paldesk
What about mobile notifications?
Apart from the Paldesk web app and the desktop version, we also support Paldesk Agent apps for iOS and Android. Unlike the web version, mobile apps are a simple tool you can use to reply to your clients on the go, and they don’t offer access to your team’s administration panel. However, you can accept, forward or close chats, and reply to them in real time.
When it comes to notifications, your mobile app will display push notifications if you’re logged into the web / desktop app but not active.
If you’re logged out or active in the web version, you will not receive a push notification from your Paldesk Agent mobile app.
Image 2. Mobile notifications in Paldesk
If you’re logged into the Paldesk web app but idle, you will get a push notification when there’s a new conversation in your team. Here’s what that notification looks like:
Image 3. Paldesk push notification on mobile